List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 28 2011 5:43am
Subject:Re: [GENERAL] Download States and Capitals Database
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh.sharma@stripped>
>
> This Link gives the capitals of all countries but I need the states
> and their capitals in all these countries too..
> But I think this is not possible because very few countries are
> divided into states and some into cantons, county etc.

Yep. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the USA, although I can't
exactly claim accurate geopolitical knowledge about the whole world :)

Here in Belgium, we have a bunch of provinces. France has departements. It varies a lot. I
suppose you could build a hierarchy of geographical subdivisions, but you'd still have to
save the appropriate naming schemes per-country.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn