List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green (MySQL) Date:September 22 2011 1:53pm
Subject:Community Support better than Official Support? (was: Can I Develop
using Community Edition and Deploy onto Enterprise Edition??)
View as plain text
This comment has me intrigued:

On 9/21/2011 17:50, John Daisley wrote:
> Partitioning is available in the community edition and has been for a
> while now. Support is the only real difference and since Oracle took
> over the support available in the community is usually faster and better
> than you get from Oracle.

I work in MySQL Support and other than the tools that we were given to
work with, very little should have changed in our attitude, our
knowledge, or our level of professionalism (that I am aware of). Perhaps
there are thinks that the other support providers are doing better?

Please use this thread as a forum to which you can vent all of your
complaints or concerns about MySQL support or to describe ways in which
the other support systems are better. If it's policy changes, tell us.
If it's response times, tell us. If it's our level of services, tell us.
If you don't like the font on the web site, tell us. This is your chance
to completely rip us a new one and to brag about your favorite service
offerings at the same time.

All opinions about any support providers are welcome.

Thank you kindly,
--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN