List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hank Date:September 19 2011 10:11pm
Subject:Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from the
mysql CLI and PHP
View as plain text
Best of both worlds:
> $username=$_POST['username'];
> // do some stuff with username here
> $M=array();  // Array of things to be inserted into MySQL
> $M[username]=mysql_real_escape_string($username); // Everything that
> goes into $M is escaped
> $query="INSERT INTO table (username) VALUES ('{$M[username]}')";

I'm not sure I'm seeing why, in particular, you are using an array here?

Thread
Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from the mysqlCLI and PHPDotan Cohen18 Sep
  • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPBrandon Phelps18 Sep
    • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen18 Sep
      • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPHank19 Sep
        • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPReindl Harald19 Sep
          • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen19 Sep
          • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPHank19 Sep
            • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPReindl Harald19 Sep
              • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen19 Sep
                • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPHank20 Sep
                  • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen20 Sep
                    • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPReindl Harald20 Sep