List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:September 19 2011 1:55pm
Subject:table design question
View as plain text
I want to create a US geography database. So far I have categories such as
state nick names (some states have more than one), state mottos (text 25 to
150 characters), state name origins (100-300 characters), state "trivial
facts", entry into union.  My question is; would it be better to keep at
least some of this information in separate tables like:

state_basic
ID | name | Incorporation | Entry in Union| Name_origin | Motto

state_nicknames
ID | name | nick_name|

state_trivia
ID | name | fact

or would it be batter for queries to try to put all this information in one
table?

Thanks,

Richard

Thread
table design questionRichard Reina19 Sep
  • RE: table design questionJerry Schwartz19 Sep
    • Re: table design questionRichard Reina19 Sep
  • Re: table design questionJohnny Withers19 Sep
Re: table design questionJan Steinman21 Sep