List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dotan Cohen Date:September 18 2011 4:28pm
Subject:Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from the
mysql CLI and PHP
View as plain text
On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 17:44, Brandon Phelps <bphelps@stripped> wrote:
> Personally I don't use any quotes for the numeric types, and single quotes
> for everything else.  Ie:

Thanks, Brandon. I understand then that quote type is a matter of
taste. I always use double quotes in PHP and I've only recently
started putting ticks around table and column names. I'll stick to
your convention of no quotes around numerics and single quotes around
everything else.

Have a terrific week!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com
Thread
Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from the mysqlCLI and PHPDotan Cohen18 Sep
  • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPBrandon Phelps18 Sep
    • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen18 Sep
      • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPHank19 Sep
        • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPReindl Harald19 Sep
          • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen19 Sep
          • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPHank19 Sep
            • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPReindl Harald19 Sep
              • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen19 Sep
                • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPHank20 Sep
                  • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPDotan Cohen20 Sep
                    • Re: Quotes around INSERT and SELECT statements' arguments from themysql CLI and PHPReindl Harald20 Sep