List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:September 15 2011 9:59pm
Subject:Re: optimising for 100000 entries
View as plain text
Doc,
       When the user clicks on the Category on the left, it is not
changing the URL. If I change the url manually to "Path=2" etc. and
press enter, the page loads correctly with that category. So it looks
like your problem is the PHP code not executing the SQL query at all
or it is not requesting a page refresh with the new results.

Mike

At 01:27 PM 9/15/2011, you wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 08:55:16AM -0400, Shawn Green (MySQL) wrote:
> have one filter

> retrieve a 100,000
> reports ought to

> buttons, plus a
> ClientName LIKE 'A*'.
> FROM Clients
> user all the

> parameter,
> user pressed.

> the
> as

> >> Arthur,
> >>
> >> this is exactly what comes to mind.
> >>
> >> I am wonder what needs to be adjusted in osCommerce for this to work.
> >>

> > I am still confused by your question.  Most modern databases (even those
> > that are not client-server capable) don't even break a sweat at handling
> > only 100K rows of data. It is the types of queries you write and how much
> > data you are attempting to move at any one time that are the most likely
> > reasons for poor performance.
> >
> > Please clarify what you want to fix when you say "optimise MySQL
> for 100000
> > entires".  Even with the minimal settings on a low-powered laptop, I would
> > have no qualms about loading any version of MySQL produced in the last 10
> > years with a million rows of data and using it for personal research. Of
> > course, there are things I could (and would) configure to help MySQL use
> > it's host system more efficiently. All of that is covered in the
> chapter in
> > the operating manual called "Optimization". Pick the link below that
> > matches the version you are using for more information:
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/optimization.html
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimization.html
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/optimization.html
> >
> > Perhaps if you could tell us what you are trying to do we could suggest
> > ways for doing it better?
> >

>Clarification:
>
>I have 100000 **products** loaded into the shopping cart.
>
>FRom there is slow to bring up the shopping cart.
>
>Check http://www.nk.ca/~aboo/racing/osc4/catalog/
>
>to see what is happening.
>
> > --
> > Shawn Green
> > MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
> > Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
> > Office: Blountville, TN
>
>--
>Member - Liberal International  This is doctor@stripped Ici
>doctor@stripped
>God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware
>AntiChrist rising!
>https://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k
>Ontario, Nfld, and Manitoba boot the extremists out and vote Liberal!
>
>--

optimising for 100000 entriesThe Doctor14 Sep
  • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesAnanda Kumar14 Sep
    • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesArthur Fuller14 Sep
      • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesAnanda Kumar14 Sep
        • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesArthur Fuller14 Sep
        • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesThe Doctor14 Sep
Re: optimising for 100000 entriesThe Doctor15 Sep
  • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesWm Mussatto15 Sep
  • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesmos16 Sep