List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Tate-Davies Date:September 15 2011 8:31am
Subject:Re: Questions about Mysqldump
View as plain text
Adarsh,

1)

When restoring a mysqldump you have the option of which database to restore.

mysql database1 < backup.sql

2)

You might be able to use the --ignore-table command. I'm not sure if
this would work

mysqldump --all-databases -q  --single-transaction
--ignore-table=databasetoignore.* | gzip >
/media/disk-1/Server11_MysqlBackup_15September2011/mysql_15sep2011backup.sql.gz

3)

The docs are here for mysqldump, might be worth a read:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html

HTH, Chris

--

*Chris Tate-Davies*

*Software Development*
Inflight Productions Ltd
Telephone: 01295 269 680
15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
*Email:*chris.tatedavies@stripped
<mailto:chris.tatedavies@stripped>
*Web:*www.inflightproductions.com <http://www.inflightproductions.com/>

-----------------------------

Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
Registered in England number 1421223

or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is
prohibited. Please note that the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not
legally binding; all committing statements require legally binding signatures.

http://www.inflightproductions.com

Thread
Questions about MysqldumpAdarsh Sharma15 Sep
  • Re: Questions about MysqldumpChris Tate-Davies15 Sep
    • Re: Questions about MysqldumpCarsten Pedersen15 Sep
      • Re: Questions about MysqldumpAnanda Kumar15 Sep