List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:September 15 2011 5:29am
Subject:Questions about Mysqldump
View as plain text
Dear all,

Today i backup my all databases (25) by using the below command :-

 mysqldump --all-databases -q  --single-transaction | gzip >
/media/disk-1/Server11_MysqlBackup_15September2011/mysql_15sep2011backup.sql.gz

Now I have some doubts or problems that I need to handle in future :

1. Is there any option in restore command ( I use mysql < backup.sql )
to store only specific 1 or 2 databases out of this big backup file.
2. While taking mysqldump of all databases , is there any way to leave
specific databases , I know there is --databases option , but we have to
name other 23 databases then.
3. What are the settings that are need to changed in my.cnf to make
backup & restore faster.

Thanks

Thread
Questions about MysqldumpAdarsh Sharma15 Sep
  • Re: Questions about MysqldumpChris Tate-Davies15 Sep
    • Re: Questions about MysqldumpCarsten Pedersen15 Sep
      • Re: Questions about MysqldumpAnanda Kumar15 Sep