List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:September 14 2011 8:11pm
Subject:Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..
View as plain text

Am 14.09.2011 22:06, schrieb Prabhat Kumar:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 machine. Master and a slave replication.
>
> few days back I have switched slave machine (innodb_file_per_table) from single
> innodb file to one per file table.
>
> Now I want to do for Master.
>
> Now question,
>
> Is it recommendable this method, stop MYSQL services on both and copy mysql
> file's at system level (using scp or rync) form slave machine to master
> (after deleting ibdata1 and ib_log).  update the variable innodb_file_per_table
> to switch master to one per file table. and start master..
>
> or I can go with usual process.. export and import

if you have a consistent mysql-server which can be stopped and the whole datadir
copied whereever you want this was and will always be the best solution

said this independent of the software becasue the only interesting fact is
if the can data migrated 100% consistent, every sort of export/import
is per design complexer, slower and maybe unsafer

Moving database from one machine to another machine..Prabhat Kumar14 Sep
  • Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..Reindl Harald14 Sep
    • Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..Suresh Kuna15 Sep
      • Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..Suresh Kuna15 Sep