List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prabhat Kumar Date:September 14 2011 8:06pm
Subject:Moving database from one machine to another machine..
View as plain text
Hi,

I have 2 machine. Master and a slave replication.

few days back I have switched slave machine (innodb_file_per_table) from single
innodb file to one per file table.

Now I want to do for Master.

Now question,

Is it recommendable this method, stop MYSQL services on both and copy mysql
file's at system level (using scp or rync) form slave machine to master
(after deleting ibdata1 and ib_log).  update the variable innodb_file_per_table
to switch master to one per file table. and start master..

or I can go with usual process.. export and import.

And suggestion?

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
MySQL DBA

My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
Moving database from one machine to another machine..Prabhat Kumar14 Sep
  • Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..Reindl Harald14 Sep
    • Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..Suresh Kuna15 Sep
      • Re: Moving database from one machine to another machine..Suresh Kuna15 Sep