List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:September 14 2011 4:19pm
Subject:Re: optimising for 100000 entries
View as plain text
So,
You want to have 100,000 buttons for 100,000 entries or just have one filter
column, which allows you to specify any type of "WHERE CONDITION"

regards
anandkl

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful@stripped>wrote:

> Forgive  my bluntness, but IMO it is silly to attempt to retrieve a 100,000
> rows, except for reporting purposes, and in that case, said reports ought to
> run against a replica, not the OLTP instance.
>
> Far better, IMO, is to present (in the UI) an alphabet as buttons, plus a
> textbox for refinements. The alphabet buttons cause the recordSource to
> change to something like "SELECT * FROM Clients WHERE ClientName LIKE 'A*'.
> Click the B button and the RecordSource changes to "SELECT * FROM Clients
> WHERE ClientName LIKE 'B*'. IMO, such an interface gives the user all the
> power she needs, and costs the system as little as possible.
>
> To accomplish this, all you need is a sproc that accepts one parameter,
> that being the letter corresponding to the letter-button the user pressed.
>
> I have implemented exactly this solution on a table with only half the
> number of rows you cite, but it works beautifully and it is quick as
> lightning.
>
> HTH,
> Arthur
>

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Dr. Doctor,
>> What kind of 100000 entries? Is it insert,update delete etc.
>>
>> regards
>> anandkl
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM, The Doctor <doctor@stripped
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Question:
>> >
>> > How can you optimise MySQL for 100000 entires?
>> >
>> > Just running OSCemmerce and it is slow to pull up a who catalogue.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Member - Liberal International  This is doctor@stripped Ici
>> > doctor@stripped
>> > God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware
>> AntiChrist
>> > rising!
>> > https://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k
>> > Ontario, Nfld, and Manitoba boot the extremists out and vote Liberal!
>> >
>> > --

optimising for 100000 entriesThe Doctor14 Sep
  • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesAnanda Kumar14 Sep
    • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesArthur Fuller14 Sep
      • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesAnanda Kumar14 Sep
        • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesArthur Fuller14 Sep
        • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesThe Doctor14 Sep
Re: optimising for 100000 entriesThe Doctor15 Sep
  • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesWm Mussatto15 Sep
  • Re: optimising for 100000 entriesmos16 Sep