List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:September 10 2011 2:16pm
Subject:Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutes
View as plain text

Am 10.09.2011 16:07, schrieb a.smith@stripped:
> Ok, this is pretty odd but I have found the problem.
>
> Today I have repointed all applications to a different DB server, so I
> have been free to do any testing on the problem server.
>
> I started by dropping the databases one by one, dropped em all and the
> issue persisted.
> I stopped crond, even tho Id already looked in crontab and was satisfied
> it wasn't the culprit. Problem persisted.
> I then removed the mysql data dir, and my.cnf and restarted with a blank
> config. Problem still persisted.
> Turned on the general log, nothing happening (as nothing legit was still
> pointing to the DB on this server). Problem persisted.
>
> Then I thought, what if I have hosts.allow misconfigured and its wide
> open maybe a remote system is connecting and messing with it. But
> hosts.allow was correct (mysql not listed, so denied by the last
> all:all). I tested connecting from a remote server, guess what? Mysql
> daemons restarted in exactly the way I was seeing each 7 mins, each time
> just by simply running:
>
> mysql -h tau
>
> Odd that, so I added a mysql specific line to the hosts.allow (which is
> not necessary as all services are blocked on the last line anyway).
> Tested that, no no more crashing. Odd!
> The hosts.allow file is the stock FreeBSD updated to not allow all:all
> and to use denyhosts (ssh blocked).
>
> Additional info, using tcpdump I could see that the every 7 min crashes
> were not in fact caused by any connections from other hosts, MySQL was
> crashing regardless.

What i found odd that your mysqld actualy restarts.
Do you have it in some runlevel ? if yes stop and see
what happens.
If this does not work simple move the mysqld out of he way
and replace it with a script like

#!/bin/sh
echo "mysqld ..." | logger -t TEST

see what happens in /var/log/syslog (you get the idea).

re,
 wh

Thread
MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith7 Sep
  • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesSuresh Kuna9 Sep
    • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith9 Sep
      • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesSuresh Kuna9 Sep
        • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith9 Sep
          • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesReindl Harald9 Sep
            • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith9 Sep
              • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesSuresh Kuna10 Sep
                • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith10 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minuteswalter harms10 Sep
                    • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith10 Sep
                      • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minuteswalter harms10 Sep
                        • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith10 Sep
                          • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minuteswalter harms10 Sep
                            • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesa.smith10 Sep
                              • Re: MySQL daemons restarting every 7 minutesReindl Harald10 Sep