List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Dyer Date:September 9 2011 9:09am
Subject:running a duplicate database
View as plain text
Is there a halfway house between a single database and a full master-slave setup?

I have a database with one "piggish" table, and I'd like to direct queries that search the
pig to a duplicate database, where it won't affect all the routine traffic.

I could definitely do this by setting up a slave server, but for my purposes it would be
just as effective, and lots easier, if mysql could automatically maintain a duplicate of
the database.  Presumably this would work internally like an internal auto-slave, with a
binary log of changes to the master database self-consumed to maintain the duplicate.

As a bonus, I could backup the duplicate instead of the master, so that won't affect the
routine traffic either.

Thread
running a duplicate databaseDave Dyer9 Sep
Re: running a duplicate databaseReindl Harald9 Sep
  • Re: running a duplicate databaseRik Wasmus9 Sep