List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:September 2 2011 7:34pm
Subject:Re: Arrays
View as plain text
Hi, None of the above. :) .This is just an academic research on a benchmark. I just want
to access my database with this function and return 4 Integer values. I separated the
numbers with comma to process on it later as an string and split the result using string
functions which did work. I was just wondering if its possible with mysql to return a
sequence of numbers or not. I think to solve my problem among the ways mentioned before I
will create a table with Engine=Memory to speed up things. I don't think any other way is
possible.
<<<<<<<<
The string takes less time than table (you have not shown your table code) only because of
the problem s size. If you had thousands of numbers the string at first would be only
slower, but with enough it would not work at all, because you would reach MySQL s
string-size limit.

A benchmark of repeatedly only 4 integers is not much of one.

Thread
Arraysjavad bakhshi24 Aug
  • Re: Arrayshsv26 Aug
    • Re: ArraysJohan De Meersman26 Aug