List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:H. Steuer Date:August 30 2011 7:02am
Subject:Exceptions not caught in UDF written in C++ in MySQL 5.5
View as plain text
Hello guys,

after upgrading from MySQL 5.1 to 5.5 we encounter a problem that C++
exceptions thrown in an UDF are not catched at all. Even there is a
"catch (... )" at the end
or our try block which avoids exceptions to be thrown outside of the
UDF, the server crashes with:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DATE::DateException'
110830  8:27:34 - mysqld got signal 6 ;

Even a try to catch DATE::DateException was no success. The very same
thing was verified with 5.1 and worked out of the box.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Heri

Thread
Exceptions not caught in UDF written in C++ in MySQL 5.5H. Steuer30 Aug