List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green (MySQL) Date:August 29 2011 2:51pm
Subject:Re: Arrays
View as plain text
On 8/27/2011 11:18,  wrote:
>   Thanks guys for the help. but my problem seems to stand unsolved.
> <<<<<<<<
> Right, no arrays. Nothing is left but table. I used a temporary table, but note that
> MySQL also does not let table be returned, or passed in. The table-name will be *sigh*
> global.

If the table remains an active part of the connection, you always have
access to it. It is possible to pass the name of the table into a stored
procedure and use a prepared statement to do nearly anything you want to
do with the data.

What is it you are trying to do with this array in the first place?  It
sounds as though trying to process this data using the set-oriented
functions of the SQL language is causing you more of a problem than the
fact that the language doesn't have an array data type.

There are normally many ways to solve any problem. Perhaps if you shared
the problem you are trying to solve, you can see how many different ways
the members of the list can solve it without resorting to an array?

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN
Thread