List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:August 28 2011 2:04pm
Subject:Re: Arrays
View as plain text
2011/8/27 Halász Sándor <hsv@stripped>

>  Thanks guys for the help. but my problem seems to stand unsolved.
> <<<<<<<<
> Right, no arrays. Nothing is left but table. I used a temporary table, but
> note that MySQL also does not let table be returned, or passed in. The
> table-name will be *sigh* global.

I think you missed one key word: temporary as in
  CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ...

Temporary tables are only visible to the connection that creates them and
they are automatically dropped when that connection closes,. Concurrent
connections can create temporary tables with the exact same name with no
fear of them conflicting or affecting each other's data.  They work like a
charm even in high load, multi-concurrency environments.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.