List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:August 28 2011 7:39am
Subject:Re: Arrays
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "Arthur Fuller" <fuller.artful@stripped>

> Another approach to this is to create a concatenated string from the
> PKs of the result set and then parse that within a stored procedure
> elsewhere in your Front End (FE). For more information on this,
> visit www.artfulsoftware.com and check out the Queries page.

That works; but string constructs are touchy at the best of times, and get exponentially
complexer with your dataset. If you're going that route anyway, just construct XML with
all the data you need to return - the application is almost guaranteed to have some way
of handling it these days, and I'm reasonably sure that MySQL also has some functionality
for it.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn