List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:August 25 2011 7:59am
Subject:Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instance
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Shafi AHMED" <shafi.ahmed@stripped>
>
> Thank you everyone who have responded back...
> The issue is fixed now after increasing the max connections param

Glad to hear that, but it seems unlikely, to me.

Certain things, like the query cache, index cache, etc. are allocated once, at startup.
Those are fixed memory requirements. Other things, like read buffers, sort buffers and
the like get allocated every time a client connects. Those are dynamic memory
requirements, and the amount they use increases linearly with the number of concurrent
connections you get.

Thus, increasing the max connections can never *reduce* your memory requirements - only
potentially allow *more* memory to be allocated. I still suspect that you ran out of
memory because you had a sudden influx of connections; and now that you've increased the
max connections you'll run out of memory even faster next time that occurs.

If it works now, it works; but keep that in the back of your mind somewhere for next time
you see it occur :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Thread
Best Way to store Hierarchical Data in MysqlAdarsh Sharma19 Aug
  • Re: Best Way to store Hierarchical Data in MysqlRik Wasmus19 Aug
    • Reg...My Hung MYSQL instance Shafi AHMED23 Aug
  • Re: Best Way to store Hierarchical Data in MysqlPeter Brawley19 Aug
Re: Best Way to store Hierarchical Data in MysqlAdarsh Sharma19 Aug
Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceAndrew Moore23 Aug
  • Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceDhaval Jaiswal23 Aug
  • Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceSuresh Kuna23 Aug
    • Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceJohan De Meersman23 Aug
      • RE: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceShafi AHMED25 Aug
Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceJohan De Meersman25 Aug
  • RE: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceShafi AHMED25 Aug
Re: Reg...My Hung MYSQL instanceMySQL)25 Aug