List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 18 2011 6:28am
Subject:Re: ANN: Database Workbench 4.1.3, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
View as plain text
Hi all,

> No SQLite support?
> http://www.sqlite.org/
>
> Seems curious you wouldn't have this yet, especially given its popularity
> on
> both embedded systems and Android to say the least.

Indeed, no native SQLite support. Lots of other systems are popular and
not supported.

The reason for this is that the tool is not generic and tries to get the
most
of all.

>Apparently Winblows-only.
>
>It sure would be nice if people would note platform requirements in their
>announcement, rather than forcing people to dig through their websites for
>such info.
>
>I guess I should know better; if it doesn't list platform requirements, the
>developer
>hasn't thought beyond the dominant paradigm.

You sure have a point, I'll list it in the future.

However, I should note that Database Workbench users have succesfully used
it under Wine.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

ANN: Database Workbench 4.1.3, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!Martijn Tonies16 Aug
  • RE: Database Workbench 4.1.3, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!Daevid Vincent16 Aug
Re: ANN: Database Workbench 4.1.3, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!Jan Steinman17 Aug
Re: ANN: Database Workbench 4.1.3, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!Martijn Tonies18 Aug