List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:August 11 2011 9:36pm
Subject:Re: Import from Quicken 2004 Mac?
View as plain text
On 11 Aug 11, at 14:17, David Brian Chait wrote:

> The QIF file includes a lot of data aside from basic transactions, what exactly are
> you trying to end up with at the end of the day? Simply a copy of your QB data in Mysql?

That would be a good start. We don't need a complete duplicate, but in my experience, it's
easier to get it all and winnow out the bits you don't want than to selectively import.

That said, we really only need the basic transaction info: date, payee, amount, memo,
category, account from, account to.

This is to reconcile the chart of accounts (in Quick Books) with project management (in
MySQL).