List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Lerer Date:August 7 2011 11:32pm
Subject:Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]
View as plain text
I join you Arthur. That Hungarian notation is despicable (though I love listening to that language, it is different).
I don't find it necessary for a column name to tell me its type.
But I do like the ability to have all database objects (table, column, trigger, index, fk, views, procedures, etc.) sortable and searchable. I use a prefix though. My prefix is a number for one reason: Ease of communication with stuff. A schema is assigned to a range of numbers.
Sounds old fashioned? Cobolish? So?
My 2c. David.