List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arthur Fuller Date:August 7 2011 11:03pm
Subject:Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]
View as plain text
I despise this sort of notation, and have instead adopted what have
cheerfully named Hungarian Suffix notation, the reason being Signal-To-Noise
ratio. Instead of prefacing everything with some form of prefix, just do the
opposite:

Customer_tbl
Customer_Dead_boo
Customer_DOB_date
Customer_qs (that means Query Select)
Customer_qu (that means Query Update)
Customer_qd (that means Query Delete)
CustomerOrders_tbl
Customer_frm (a form that opens the Customer table; could involve subforms,
but in that case they are named Customer_Orders_fsub,
Customer_Payments_fsub, and so on.

Easy to read, obvious the intent, and easily sortable. Just my opinion.

Arthur

Thread
Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Jan Steinman7 Aug
  • RE: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Martin Gainty7 Aug
    • Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Arthur Fuller8 Aug
    • RE: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Jerry Schwartz8 Aug
      • RE: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]hsv9 Aug
  • Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Mike Diehl8 Aug
    • Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]hsv8 Aug
Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]David Lerer8 Aug