List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:August 6 2011 4:58pm
Subject:Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]
View as plain text
> From: Johnny Withers <johnny@stripped>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_notation

"The original Hungarian notation... was invented by Charles Simonyi... who later became
Chief Architect at Microsoft."

Ugh. That explains a lot!

The only time I let types intrude on names is with booleans, which I try to name with a
state-of-being verb, such as "has_paid", "is_member", "has_children", etc.

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Mike Diehl <mdiehl@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Well, while we're on the subject of SQL style, can anyone tell me why I'm
>> always seeing people prefixing the name of a table with something like
>> "tbl?"

----------------
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its
width and depth. -- H. L. Mencken

Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Jan Steinman7 Aug
  • RE: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Martin Gainty7 Aug
    • Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Arthur Fuller8 Aug
    • RE: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Jerry Schwartz8 Aug
      • RE: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]hsv9 Aug
  • Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]Mike Diehl8 Aug
    • Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]hsv8 Aug
Re: Hungarian Notation [Was Re: Too many aliases]David Lerer8 Aug