List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:August 4 2011 2:10pm
Subject:RE: Too many aliases
View as plain text

[JS] Back when I was trying to fit as much code on a punch-card as possible,
the languages only supported short names, and the terminals ran at 10cps,
every keystroke was precious.

Now I routinely pay the price of extra keystrokes for readability: not just
with things such as column names, but with parentheses and the like as well.
Like you, I only use aliases when necessary.

If I want brain-teasers, I'll do a crossword puzzle.

But that's just me.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.giiresearch.com

Thread
Which is betterAdarsh Sharma2 Aug
  • RE: Which is betterShafi AHMED2 Aug
  • Too many aliaseshsv2 Aug
    • Re: Too many aliasesRik Wasmus3 Aug
      • RE: Too many aliasesDavid Lerer3 Aug
        • RE: Too many aliasesshawn wilson3 Aug
        • RE: Too many aliasesJerry Schwartz4 Aug
      • Re: Too many aliaseshsv4 Aug
        • RE: Too many aliasesDavid Lerer4 Aug
          • Re: Too many aliasesMike Diehl4 Aug
            • Re: Too many aliasesJohnny Withers4 Aug
              • Re: Too many aliaseshsv6 Aug
                • Re: Too many aliasesJohnny Withers7 Aug
  • Re: Which is betterMySQL)2 Aug
    • RE: Which is betterDavid Lerer2 Aug
Re: Which is betterPrabhat Kumar2 Aug