List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:supr_star Date:August 3 2011 8:15pm
Subject:very large import
View as plain text
I recently recovered a very large corrupt database with your help.  Now I'm having a
problem during the next step, importing all the data back into a clean system.  I
have a 24GB dump file, the ibdata1 file was about 100GB when the disk filled and
everything got wrecked.  I have a server with a lot more drive space now, and the
import is working, albeit very very slowly....  The ibdata1 file is growing at about
800MB-1GB per hour.  It's been running for 24 hours now, and it's only 1/4 of the way
thru!   Is there any way to speed up this process? by disabling indexes or something?
 I can't afford to be down for 3 more days...  Thanks again,

doug
Thread
very large importsupr_star3 Aug
  • Re: very large importa.smith3 Aug
    • Re: very large importNuno Tavares4 Aug
      • Re: very large importMySQL)4 Aug
    • RE: very large importKay [DAS] Rozeboom4 Aug