List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Siebert Date:August 1 2011 6:31pm
Subject:Re: How to view Query Execution time
View as plain text
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/query-log.html information on query
log may become useful for you in the future. Also, search the slow query
log, which also may help you in the future

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Prabhat Kumar <aim.prabhat@stripped>wrote:

> you can also use EXPLAIN, which will give you much more details.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/execution-plan-information.html
>

> http://www.techiequest.com/mysql-visual-explain-hierarchical-view-of-query-execution-plan/
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Suresh Kuna <sureshkumarilu@stripped
> >wrote:
>
> > Usually, at the end of the query running it displays the time how much it
> > took.
> >
> > Or else enable the profiling and run the query to check the exact time it
> > took for execution at all levels.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@stripped
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I want to know how much time did it take to run a sample query.
> > > In postgresql, we enable timing by \timing command.
> > >
> > > Is there is any way to enable in Mysql
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > --
> > http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks
> > Suresh Kuna
> > MySQL DBA
> >

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Prabhat Kumar
> MySQL DBA
>
> My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
> My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
How to view Query Execution timeAdarsh Sharma1 Aug
  • Re: How to view Query Execution timeSuresh Kuna1 Aug
    • Re: How to view Query Execution timePrabhat Kumar1 Aug
      • Re: How to view Query Execution timeJon Siebert1 Aug