List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:July 23 2011 8:27pm
Subject:Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwords
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Tim Thorburn" <webmaster@stripped>
>
> Before this, I did try to simply reset the root password by once
> again stopping the MySQL service, starting it with --skip-grant-tables;
> however regardless of what I changed the password to, I received the
> same error.  This error was present for each login I had on the MySQL
> server.

Hmmmmm. That sounds like there's a record in the mysql.user table that gets precedence,
somehow... Normally, if multiple entries match a user/host combination, the most specific
one gets used, which makes it kind of unlikely; but would you mind posting the full set of
user/host combinations in mysql.user (don't need the password hashes, of course) and a few
of the errors you get (those show the exact user@host the server tries to match) ?

It's a bit of a long shot, but anything is worth checking out at this point.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Thread
MySQL refusing to accept passwordsTim Thorburn22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsJohan De Meersman22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)22 Jul
    • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)22 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsClaudio Nanni23 Jul
    • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsTim Thorburn23 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsJohan De Meersman23 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)25 Jul
        • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsmisiaq26 Jul
  • rebuilding tableVelen Vydelingum23 Jul
    • Re: rebuilding tableshawn wilson23 Jul