List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:July 22 2011 10:34pm
Subject:Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwords
View as plain text
Hi,

I dont remember the details of the past 'experience' but,

did you try a simple:

mysql -uroot -p -h127.0.0.1 -P3306?

and also an anomymous login:
mysql

also make sure you remove the anonymous account if present, sometimes it
introduces strange behaviours as the one you described.

and as suggested already you should see if the grant tables were actually
changed.

Claudio

2011/7/22 Shawn Green (MySQL) <shawn.l.green@stripped>

> On 7/22/2011 17:02, Shawn Green (MySQL) wrote:
>
>> ... quick correction ...
>>
>> * ...the account 'root' for a new installation is*
>> created without a password. ...
>>

> I originally said 'is not'. Sorry for the confusion
>

> --
> Shawn Green
> MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
> Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
> Office: Blountville, TN

Claudio

Thread
MySQL refusing to accept passwordsTim Thorburn22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsJohan De Meersman22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)22 Jul
    • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)22 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsClaudio Nanni23 Jul
    • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsTim Thorburn23 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsJohan De Meersman23 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)25 Jul
        • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsmisiaq26 Jul
  • rebuilding tableVelen Vydelingum23 Jul
    • Re: rebuilding tableshawn wilson23 Jul