List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Thorburn Date:July 22 2011 2:45am
Subject:MySQL refusing to accept passwords
View as plain text
Hello,

For those keeping score, this will be the second time in the past few
months I've come upon this problem.  To recap, this is happening on a
development laptop running Win7 64-bit Ultimate and MySQL 5.5.13.   This
morning, all was working well.  This evening, I launched MySQL Workbench
5.2.34 CE to work on a table.  When I attempt to access the server from
within Workbench, I'm now prompted with a window asking for my
password.  Of course, my password is not accepted when I enter it - I'm
presented with error #2000.

Just to confirm, mysql --version returns:
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.13, for Win64 (x86)

This is not an upgrade, after my last mishap, I once again formatted the
laptop with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as well as
MySQL 5.5.13.  I've begun digging through bugs.mysql.com, but I'm not
seeing any standing out.  I should point out that this problem also
breaks any sites running on this dev laptop as all passwords are no
longer accepted.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this?  It seems to be happening
every month or so at this point.

Thanks in advance,
-Tim Thorburn

Thread
MySQL refusing to accept passwordsTim Thorburn22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsJohan De Meersman22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)22 Jul
    • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)22 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsClaudio Nanni23 Jul
    • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsTim Thorburn23 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsJohan De Meersman23 Jul
      • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsMySQL)25 Jul
        • Re: MySQL refusing to accept passwordsmisiaq26 Jul
  • rebuilding tableVelen Vydelingum23 Jul
    • Re: rebuilding tableshawn wilson23 Jul