List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Schaft Date:July 20 2011 5:44am
Subject:Re: Import .dbf files
View as plain text
On 2011/07/19 09:52 PM, andrewmchorney@stripped wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am about to create a database in mysql. I would like to be able to import some
> dbase3 (.dbf) files into the tables I will be defining. What is the easiest way to import
> the table. Is there software that can be downloaded that will allow me to do this?
>
> Andrew

Hi,

You want to look at www.xharbour.org. A 32bit open source compiler for
dbase/clipper code. We're currently using it to write apps accessing
mysql data.

Another option is www.advantagedatabase.com, a full sql database server
for dbf files. It has a local server (think sqlite) as well as a host of
client interfaces available with which you would be able to connect to
via odbc, .net, jdbc etc to retrieve your data that way.

Thread
Import .dbf filesandrewmchorney19 Jul
  • Re: Import .dbf filesMichael Dykman19 Jul
  • Re: Import .dbf filesMikhail Berman19 Jul
  • Re: Import .dbf filesAlex Schaft20 Jul