List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Cole Date:July 13 2011 3:44am
Subject:Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'
View as plain text
He is pushing his own products here, Looking at other implications of moving
to a NoSQL system I would stay with an SQL system.

NoSql has its place, but maybe not in such an environment.

http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2011/04/nosql-but-even-less-security.html

Regards Michael Cole.

On Wednesday 13 July 2011 7:33:43 am Hank wrote:
> Given the choice between doing right the first time, or having the second
> largest site on the internet, I'll take the latter, and deal with the
> problems of not doing it right the first time.
>

> -Hank
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Jerry Schwartz <jerry@stripped> wrote:
> > Let this be a lesson to all of those designers who say "That will never
> > happen."
Thread
Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Daevid Vincent11 Jul
  • Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Claudio Nanni11 Jul
  • Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Per Jessen12 Jul
    • RE: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Jerry Schwartz12 Jul
      • Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Peter Brawley12 Jul
      • Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Hank13 Jul
        • Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Michael Cole13 Jul
  • Re: Facebook Trapped In MySQL a 'Fate Worse Than Death'Rob Wultsch20 Jul