List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:June 19 2011 2:43pm
Subject:Re: Possible corrupt data?
View as plain text
Marc,

From what you say it seems a logical problem with your data,
And it cannot be corrupted at database level.
Check your application logs.
You need to know why order does not succeed.

Cheers

Claudio
On Jun 18, 2011 9:52 PM, <sono-io@stripped> wrote:
> I think I may have corrupt data. In one of my shopping cart installs, no
orders were getting written to the orders table. Other tables, like the
customers table, were being written to just fine.

> In phpMySQL, I ran check, optimize, repair, and analyze on the orders
table, and the tests all returned 'OK'. So I decided to export the table,
delete it, then recreate it and insert the data using the export file. No
change.

> Then I thought I might have bad data. So I deleted the table again but
this time only recreated it using the CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS portion of
the export. Without re-importing the data, I made a test order in the cart,
it was successfully written to the table.

> Now I'm leery about re-importing the old data for fear it will put me back
in the same boat. How can I test the data and clean it so that I can put it
back?