List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leegold Date:June 16 2011 5:50pm
Subject:How to copy file from an old server to reconstitute a database ?
View as plain text
Hi,

I have a situation where the box with a mysql server will not boot. But
I can boot it from a CD and browse the hard drive and I can mount
partitions so files and data are accessible. I want to somehow take the
Mysql DB structure and content, copy it, and move it to a bootable
working unit. Normally I'd run the script that puts it "all" into a
comma delimited file that can be reconstituted at a later date. But in
my case I can only copy and paste files from an unbootable unit to a
working server and try to reconstitute it from there.

It is Ubuntu 10.4 server. Is what I want to do possible? What
directories and files would I need to copy? First I would have a working
Mysql server on the new unit then I assume I would copy to the new
server and process the data if necessary...any help on how to proceed
appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee G.
Thread
How to copy file from an old server to reconstitute a database ?leegold16 Jun
  • Re: How to copy file from an old server to reconstitute a database ?Andrew Moore16 Jun
    • Re: How to copy file from an old server to reconstitute a database ?leegold18 Jun
      • Re: How to copy file from an old server to reconstitute a database ?Claudio Nanni19 Jun
  • Re: How to copy file from an old server to reconstitute a database ?Claudio Nanni16 Jun