List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:June 16 2011 9:51am
Subject:Re: Query on wait_timeout
View as plain text
Thanks Suresh but I find it very difficult to implement it :-

Suresh Kuna wrote:

> Try this out:-)
>
> Below are the steps to generate a deadlock so that the behaviour of a
> deadlock can be illustrated:
>
> -- 1) Create Objects for Deadlock Example
> USE TEMPDB

Is I have to create temdb database as below :
create database tempdb
before running the command :

For running below commands , I have to create database dbo or it is
something  else

> CREATE TABLE dbo.foo (col1 INT)
> INSERT dbo.foo SELECT 1
>
> CREATE TABLE dbo.bar (col1 INT)
> INSERT dbo.bar SELECT 1
>
> -- 2) Run in first connection
> BEGIN TRAN
> UPDATE tempdb.dbo.foo SET col1 = 1

Don;t understand how to implement it . Is BEGIN TRAN or BEGIN
TRANSACTION command

> -- 3) Run in second connection
> BEGIN TRAN
> UPDATE tempdb.dbo.bar SET col1 = 1

Can U explain the below and commands :

> UPDATE tempdb.dbo.foo SET col1 = 1
>

> -- 4) Run in first connection
> UPDATE tempdb.dbo.bar SET col1 = 1
>
> Connection two will be chosen as the deadlock victim
>

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Adarsh Sharma
> <adarsh.sharma@stripped <mailto:adarsh.sharma@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     How we can create a deadlock manually to test this problem.
>
>     Thanks
>

>     Suresh Kuna wrote:
>
>         Good question Yogesh, I can say the best solution is
>
>         Create a deadlock and test it, you will come to know more
>         about it.
>
>         On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Yogesh Kore
>         <yogeshkore@stripped <mailto:yogeshkore@stripped>> wrote:
>

>             Hi,
>
>             Small doubt for wait_timeout.
>
>             If my wait_timeout is set for 180 seconds and if any
>             deadlock occures and
>             both query are waiting to execute. What wil happen in that
>             case?
>             1. Do the connection will wait till deadlock is removed or
>             2. Connection will close after 180 seconds as both queries
>             are ideal and
>             waiting for each other.
>
>             Thanks,
>             Yogesh

> --
> Thanks
> Suresh Kuna
> MySQL DBA

Thread
Query on wait_timeoutYogesh Kore15 Jun
  • Re: Query on wait_timeoutSuresh Kuna15 Jun
    • Re: Query on wait_timeoutAdarsh Sharma16 Jun
      • Re: Query on wait_timeoutSuresh Kuna16 Jun
        • Re: Query on wait_timeoutAdarsh Sharma16 Jun
          • RE: Query on wait_timeoutMartin Gainty16 Jun
        • Re: Query on wait_timeoutClaudio Nanni16 Jun