List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 14 2011 7:04pm
Subject:Re: Data missing after field optimization
View as plain text
Heeh. That's not a random blog post, that's the official manual :-p

If it's in there, it's pretty much trustworthy; and I've learned something new :-) So
apparently there's a dedicated "NULL" bit to columns... Yes, then there would be a small
performance benefit.

I stand corrected. Still, as you've noticed, don't change the design of an existing
application without thoroughly testing the consequences :-p