List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sono-io Date:June 14 2011 5:34pm
Subject:Re: Data missing after field optimization
View as plain text
On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:43 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:

> Where did you find the advice about setting columns NOT NULL?

	It took me awhile, but I just found it again, in case anyone is interested:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/data-size.html

7.8.1. Make Your Data as Small as Possible

Declare columns to be NOT NULL if possible.  It makes everything faster and you save one
bit per column. If you really need NULL in your application, you should definitely use
it.  Just avoid having it on all columns by default.

Marc
Thread
Data missing after field optimizationsono-io7 Jun
  • Re: Data missing after field optimizationJohan De Meersman7 Jun
    • Re: Data missing after field optimizationsono-io7 Jun
      • Re: Data missing after field optimizationRik Wasmus7 Jun
      • Re: Data missing after field optimizationJohan De Meersman8 Jun
        • Re: Data missing after field optimizationsono-io9 Jun
          • RE: Data missing after field optimizationJerry Schwartz9 Jun
        • Re: Data missing after field optimizationsono-io14 Jun
          • Re: Data missing after field optimizationJohan De Meersman14 Jun