List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Moore Date:June 13 2011 9:33pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Failover Recommendations
View as plain text
On the contrary; people say less then good things about MMM even it's
creator;
http://openlife.cc/blogs/2011/may/different-ways-doing-ha-mysql
http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2011/05/04/whats-wrong-with-mmm/

If you want to use master<->master replication consider that you're likely
to have to manage failover manually. I utilise VIP relocation to avoid
making app changes. You will also need to ensure what you have on each
master is the right data. Maatkit tools will allow you to keep your tables
sync'd so that should you need to perform a failover your data is
consistent. As Johan mentions automatic failover can cause it's own issues.
MySQL Proxy (if I'm not mistaken) remains in Alpha version so not always a
great idea for a production system unless you're happy pulling Lua code
apart? I have also seen MySQL 5.5's semi-synchronous replication used to get
closer to a consistent dataset `out of the box`.

It's a good solution but not without maintenance overhead.