List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Diehl Date:June 13 2011 9:07pm
Subject:Mysql Failover Recommendations
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm about to set master-master replication and would like to get
recommendations as to the best method for getting my applications to failover
when needed.

Here are my options, so far:

MySQL Proxy http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy
This seems like the obvious choice, but I've not been able to find a cookbook
recipe to simply pick the "closest" server and fail over to the next server if
the first one dies.  I think I'm missing something.

Ha Proxy http://haproxy.1wt.eu/#fiab
Seems like much more than I need...

Pen http://siag.nu/pen/
This one might be too http-centric.  Would it work for Mysql?

Any comments/pointers would be most appreciated.

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.