List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:June 13 2011 5:47pm
Subject:Re: Bug using 32-bit libmysqlclient on a 64-bit system?
View as plain text

Am 13.06.2011 18:45, schrieb Alex Gaynor:
> Unfortunately the decision to run 32-bit libs on 64-bit systems is outside
> of my control.  Given that it *should* work I'm more interested in
> diagnosing whether this is a bug of some sort in libmysqlclient or a bug in
> my code/build procedure.

You should starting here:
http://maketecheasier.com/run-32-bit-apps-in-64-bit-linux/2009/08/10

basicly you have to check that every lib you use is realy 32bit. Missing one is asking for
trouble: random bugs, etc.

Basicly everything else like running linux in a LXC Container, a vitual machine with qemu,
or
simply buy a 32bit box is more maintainable than mixing 32 und 64 bit application. They
can run
perfectly until some random momentum.

re,
 wh

> Alex
>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM, walter harms <wharms@stripped> wrote:
>
>> It is basicly a not clever solution to run 32bit libs with a 64bit system.
>> You have to compile -m32 and all sort of things.
>> It is *way* better to compile with pure 64bit.
>>
>> re,
>>  wh
>>
>> Am 04.06.2011 02:18, schrieb Alex Gaynor:
>>> I've got a 64-bit Linux system, with a 32-bit libmysqlclient (and a
>> 64-bit),
>>> and a C program using the libmysqlclient API which behaves very
>> differently
>>> depending on which platform it is compiled for.  The program is:

Thread
Bug using 32-bit libmysqlclient on a 64-bit system?Alex Gaynor4 Jun
  • Re: Bug using 32-bit libmysqlclient on a 64-bit system?walter harms4 Jun
    • Re: Bug using 32-bit libmysqlclient on a 64-bit system?Alex Gaynor13 Jun
      • Re: Bug using 32-bit libmysqlclient on a 64-bit system?walter harms13 Jun