List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fahim Mohammad Date:June 10 2011 11:28pm
Subject:Re: How to find values which do not return any tuple in "IN" clause
View as plain text
I am looking for those values (or count of those values) which do not
resulted in a hit.
Thanks
Fahim

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Fayaz Yusuf Khan <fayaz@stripped> wrote:

> On Saturday 11 Jun 2011 4:06:27 AM Fahim Mohammad wrote:
> > select * from  tablename where fieldname in ('aaa','bbb','ccc','ddd');
> > How can I know how many out of four ('aaa','bbb','ccc','ddd') resulted in
> > miss OR which values do not return any tuple.
> Perhaps this  would be what you're looking for?
> "SELECT fieldname,COUNT(*) FROM tablename WHERE fieldname IN
> ('aaa','bbb','ccc','ddd') GROUP BY fieldname;"
>
> --
> Fayaz Yusuf Khan
> Cloud developer and designer in Python/AppEngine platform
> Dexetra Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Kochi, Kerala, India
> B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (2007-2011)
> Model Engineering College, Kochi, Kerala, India
> Registered Linux user #484201
> fayaz.yusuf.khan@stripped
> fayaz@stripped
> +91-9746-830-823

Thread
How to find values which do not return any tuple in "IN" clauseFahim Mohammad11 Jun
  • Re: How to find values which do not return any tuple in "IN" clauseFayaz Yusuf Khan11 Jun
    • Re: How to find values which do not return any tuple in "IN" clauseFahim Mohammad11 Jun
  • Re: How to find values which do not return any tuple in "IN" clauseNuno Tavares11 Jun
  • Re: How to find values which do not return any tuple in "IN" clauseClaudio Nanni11 Jun