List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rik Wasmus Date:June 7 2011 3:02pm
Subject:Re: Data missing after field optimization
View as plain text
> On Jun 6, 2011, at 10:06 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:
> > What exactly do you mean by "removing the NULL default"?  Did you set
> > your colums NOT NULL?
>
> 	Yes.  That's all I did.

In stead of getting info drop-by-drop, you might want to share the output of
SHOW CREATE TABLE...,, but my guess is you had a UNIQUE key somewhere that got
violated when converting to NULL's to empty strings. If would require an ALTER
IGNORE TABLE... instead of a normal ALTER TABLE though.

That, or an outside source (code we cannot see querying for NOT NULLs etc.)
--
Rik Wasmus
Thread