List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:June 7 2011 7:00am
Subject:Re: Doubt regarding Mysqlsump
View as plain text
Johan De Meersman wrote:
> [...]
I am working with both MyISAM & Innodb tables.

> Adarsh, a vital piece of information is the storage engine you're using. Are your
> tables InnoDB or MyISAM? Afaik _*(see my question above :-p )*_
Not getting U'r point marked as bold & Underline

> your approach is the only one that will allow you to take a consistent backup of
> MyISAM tables; for InnoDB tables xtrabackup should work fine.

I am not using xtrabackup but I think --single-transaction & -q options
may solved this issue
 I know this  is valid only for Innodb Tables but anyway's I have both
MyISAM & Innodb tables but only Innodb tables  size is increasing in
seconds and MyISAM table size increased after hours.

Can U Please explain me what happened when I issue the mysqldump command
with options --single-transaction & -q option on Innodb tables of size
greater than 100 GB & on the other hand my application continuously
insert data in the tables.

Compressed backup should take more than 2 or more Hours.
> Another option that might be of interest would be taking only one full backup per
> week or month using your current procedure, and taking daily backups of the binary logs
> between those. Still no 100% guarantee of consistency, but everything is in there without
> load on your database - except for the log writing overhead of course - and you can do
> point-in-time restores up to the individual statement if you feel like it. Zmanda ZRM
> Server is one solution that provides that level of backup.

Please note that I don't have my bin-log enabled.

I can enable it if required.

Thanks
> Come to think of it, you could use your current procedure for backing up the binlogs
> consistently, too:
>  1. shut application
>  2. issue "flush logs" to switch to a new binlog
>  3. restart application
>  4. backup all but the active binlog at your leisure for a consistent backup at that
> point in time
>
> That would enable you to do a quick daily backup with minimal application downtime,
> and the added benefit of point-in-time restores. The downside of that approach is
> increased restore time: you need to first restore the latest full backup, and then
> incrementally apply each of the binlog backups to the point you need to restore to.

Yet I am not able to find the finalize the answer of the original question.

Thanks

Thread
Doubt regarding MysqlsumpAdarsh Sharma7 Jun
  • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpClaudio Nanni7 Jun
    • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpJohan De Meersman7 Jun
      • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpAdarsh Sharma7 Jun
        • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpJohan De Meersman7 Jun
          • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpKaren Abgarian9 Jun
            • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpJohan De Meersman9 Jun
              • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpKaren Abgarian9 Jun
              • RE: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpJerry Schwartz9 Jun
                • RE: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpWm Mussatto9 Jun
                  • MySQL loses password?Tim Thorburn12 Jun
                    • Re: MySQL loses password?Johan De Meersman12 Jun
                      • Re: MySQL loses password?Tim Thorburn12 Jun
                        • Re: MySQL loses password?Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                          • Re: MySQL loses password?Tim Thorburn13 Jun
                            • Re: MySQL loses password?Claudio Nanni13 Jun
                            • Re: MySQL loses password?Andrew Moore13 Jun
  • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpNilnandan Joshi7 Jun
    • Re: Doubt regarding MysqlsumpAdarsh Sharma7 Jun
  • Re: Doubt regarding Mysqlsumpmark carson7 Jun