List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sono-io Date:June 7 2011 1:24am
Subject:Data missing after field optimization
View as plain text
	Hopefully I won't look like too much of a numbskull here but after reading some sites on
table optimization, I decided to remove the NULL as default on the fields in my products
table.  I thought everything went well until I realized that we hadn't received any
orders for 2 days.  That's when I realized that my products table was empty!  Luckily
this happened over the weekend.  =:\

	I've made changes to field types before and never had a problem like this.  Does anyone
know what went wrong from my limited description?  Why would removing the NULL default
cause data to be lost?

Thanks,
Marc
Thread
Data missing after field optimizationsono-io7 Jun
  • Re: Data missing after field optimizationJohan De Meersman7 Jun
    • Re: Data missing after field optimizationsono-io7 Jun
      • Re: Data missing after field optimizationRik Wasmus7 Jun
      • Re: Data missing after field optimizationJohan De Meersman8 Jun
        • Re: Data missing after field optimizationsono-io9 Jun
          • RE: Data missing after field optimizationJerry Schwartz9 Jun
        • Re: Data missing after field optimizationsono-io14 Jun
          • Re: Data missing after field optimizationJohan De Meersman14 Jun