List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:June 6 2011 3:10pm
Subject:Timestamp value
View as plain text
When you UPDATE a record, a timestamp field (`t`) is set to the current time
in the time zone given by @@time_zone, correct? That will usually be the local
time.

If somebody in another time zone needs to compare `t` against //their own//
local time, they need to use

CONVERT_TZ(`t`,'my_local_time zone','their_local_time_zone`)

Am I right?

So, what if they do not know my local time zone? Is there a way to create a
timestamp field that is always in UTC? I don't think there is, without using a
trigger.

Am I right about that?

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Timestamp valueJerry Schwartz6 Jun
  • Re: Timestamp valueJohan De Meersman6 Jun
    • RE: Timestamp valueJerry Schwartz6 Jun