List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Abdul Vali Date:June 4 2011 8:30pm
Subject:Remote access of MySQL
View as plain text
Dear All

I have installed MySQL 5 on Ubuntu 10.04 Server.  It is working fine but
when I try to access MySQL through any other client using ODBC connector, it
says access is denied for user root.

It looks that MySQL remote access is blocked.  Can someone suggest me which
variable to add or change in my.cnf file? or I have to change something else
so that I can access MySQL databases from other computers using ODBC

Abdul Vali
Librarian - ASE School

 Ata ur Rehman

  AM Library,
National Centre for Physics(NCP),
Islamabad Coordinator,

My profiles: [image: Facebook] <> [image:
LinkedIn] <> [image:
Flickr]<> [image:
Twitter] <> [image:
Blogger]<> [image:
Delicious] <>
Contact me: [image: Google Talk] ata.rehman [image: Skype] ata.rehman [image:
MSN] ata.rehman@stripped

Remote access of MySQLAbdul Vali4 Jun
  • Re: Remote access of MySQLReindl Harald4 Jun