List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:June 1 2011 9:24am
Subject:Not finding my.cnf file
View as plain text
Dear all,

I install mysql in CentOS -5.4 through 2 commands :

yum install mysql-server
yum install mysql-client

And I can see directories created in /var/lib/mysql directory.

But now i want to change it to my /hdd1-1 diretcory and alse set logging
directories.
So , I search my.cnf file as:

[root@ws-test ~]# find / -name my.cnf
[root@ws-test ~]#

Now how could I solve this issue & from where mysql picks its
configuration or it go for its default.

Thanks & best Regards,
Adarsh Sharma
Thread
Not finding my.cnf fileAdarsh Sharma1 Jun
  • Re: Not finding my.cnf fileAndrew Moore1 Jun
  • Re: Not finding my.cnf fileJohn Daisley1 Jun
    • Re: Not finding my.cnf fileAdarsh Sharma1 Jun
      • Re: Not finding my.cnf filePeter Boros1 Jun