List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:May 31 2011 3:04pm
Subject:Re: Using where; Using temporary; Using filesort
View as plain text
s>>>> 2011/05/27 12:26 -0700, Daevid Vincent >>>>
[a] the EXTENDED keyword doesn't seem to do anything different? I get the
same columns and results??!
"show warnings"

In other words, am I wasting my time trying to tweak my
query and indexes here with the idea there's some magic incantation that
will get this "right" or do I just have to accept it is what it is and it's
not going to do any better.
Well, in general, of course there are problems for which no heuristic works--and indices
_are_ heuristics. Houmuch real time does it take?

I have two tables, one of addresses, another of the people living there s names, for the
join wherof "explain extended" shows the same, and it does not bother me because it takes
so little time. The output is only 1324 rows long.

Using where; Using temporary; Using filesortDaevid Vincent31 May
  • Re: Using where; Using temporary; Using filesorthsv31 May