List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:May 31 2011 3:04pm
Subject:Re: Using where; Using temporary; Using filesort
View as plain text
s>>>> 2011/05/27 12:26 -0700, Daevid Vincent >>>>
[a] the EXTENDED keyword doesn't seem to do anything different? I get the
same columns and results??!
<<<<<<<<
"show warnings"

In other words, am I wasting my time trying to tweak my
query and indexes here with the idea there's some magic incantation that
will get this "right" or do I just have to accept it is what it is and it's
not going to do any better.
<<<<<<<<
Well, in general, of course there are problems for which no heuristic works--and indices
_are_ heuristics. Houmuch real time does it take?

I have two tables, one of addresses, another of the people living there s names, for the
join wherof "explain extended" shows the same, and it does not bother me because it takes
so little time. The output is only 1324 rows long.

Thread
Using where; Using temporary; Using filesortDaevid Vincent31 May
  • Re: Using where; Using temporary; Using filesorthsv31 May