List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prabhat Kumar Date:May 26 2011 7:19pm
Subject:Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1
View as plain text
Yes, InnoDB is the default storage engine for MySQL as of MySQL 5.5.MyISAM
and InnoDB has its own features.
 InnoDB probably the best RDBMS out there. InnoDB is default engine might be
due nowadays most of the application required fully ACID-compliant modes,
self recovery from a crash,  and many more features...

2011/5/25 Halász Sándor <hsv@stripped>

> if there is no good reason i will never enable innodb because
> MyISAM is enough for most web-apps
> <<<<<<<<
> And also MyISAM supports auto-increment in a lesser part of a primary key
> and InnoDB not--but although it is of interest, I have not tryed it.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
MySQL DBA

My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Brent Clark25 May
  • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Rik Wasmus25 May
  • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Reindl Harald25 May
    • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1hsv25 May
      • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Prabhat Kumar26 May