List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:May 25 2011 12:06pm
Subject:Re: Joining tables from different Instances
View as plain text

Am 25.05.2011 13:50, schrieb Ramesh:
> Hi
> I have a different schemas in different instances.
>  I would like to join the tables in different instances for the required
> result.
> Is it possible?
> Example
> =====
> Server I - table_1a, table_2b
> Server II - table_2a,table_2b.
> I want to join the table_1a with table_2b.
> Is is possible?

in theory

but no one want to do this really because if you need data on a server
you should have them on this machine or use replication which can
replicate only selected tables/databases if you need read-only access
for your query

Joining tables from different InstancesRamesh25 May
  • Re: Joining tables from different InstancesReindl Harald25 May
  • Re: Joining tables from different InstancesRik Wasmus25 May